Style Your Stripes The Right Way

Prints or patterns when it comes to fashion are a girl's best friend. Out of all the prints, however, Stripes are my all-time favorite. They are the most timeless print of all and are classic. Stripes can easily make any look trendy if you style them in the right way. I will show you a few ways in which you can wear stripes and how to style them. Let’s get started.

Striped Bottoms – A big YES

I love wearing striped bottoms. They just look so fresh and chic and are my go-to style. Also, vertical stripes make you look taller. I have paired my navy blue striped culottes with a plain rust-brown top. As the culottes have some stripes of rust-brown in it the top just goes well with it. You can try to pair with a top of the same color range as your bottoms or go for a contrast look. You can shop for striped culottes here.

Top & Culottes - Lifestyle, Jewelry - Infuzze From Myntra, Wedges - Inc.5

Striped Kurtas

I have paired my grey striped kurta with plain white culottes. I am so loving this look. I teamed it up with some silver jewelry and wedges and I am good to go. Kurtas with stripes look chic and it's a good print option for those girls who are not much into ethnic wear but still want to give it a try. You can shop for striped kurtas here.

Kurta - Anouk From Myntra, Culottes - AND, Jewelry - Hill Road-Bandra, Wedges - Inc.5

Print-On-Print

You can give print on print a try without being scared. Teaming stripes with different prints is easy and it looks great. I have paired this top with quite an unusual print with these striped pants. This gave the whole outfit more of a formal look and also makes it look so chic. Polka dots & Stripes is also a great way to give print on print a try. Also, you can pair horizontal stripes on vertical stripes and vice versa. Just make sure to have the prints in the same color range or you can also go for a contrast look. You can shop for the pants here.

Top, Pants, Jewelry - H&M, Wedges - Inc.5

Denim and Stripes

I have paired the same striped trouser (yes I love it too much if you don’t know already) with a blue denim shirt. Denim and stripes have always looked good together but in this look, the roles are reversed. I love how well the denim shirt is going with these flowy pants. Just team it up with wedges and some hoop earrings and we are good to go. You can shop for striped trousers here.

Shirt - Bare Denim From Pantaloons, Pants & Jewelry - H&M, Wedges - Inc.5

Striped Dress

I am wearing this horizontal striped dress from H&M which I paired with some good old sneakers and we are ready to rock.  I love how this dress fits me and is so comfortable and chic at the same time. Dresses are a great way to wear stripes and also are a no-brainer when it comes to styling them. You can shop for striped dresses here.

Dress, Sneakers - H&M, Jewelry - Lifestyle

Oversized Striped Shirt

            I paired my oversized striped shirt with white cigarette pants and yellow sneakers to match with the stripes. You can always experiment with your oversized shirts by belting it up. I used this tie which came along with this shirt as a belt and see how cute this outfit looks. You can switch the footwear for something subtle. I just wanted to add a bit more color to this look. You can shop for striped shirts here. 



Shirt - H&M, Cigarette Pants - Melange By Lifestyle, Jewelry - Lifestyle, Sneakers - Koovs, Flats - Inc.5

So these are how I styled my striped clothing. I had so much fun shooting this. I experimented with stripes like never before. Let me know how you liked it and do give it a try. Tag me on Instagram when you try any of the above looks so I would know you loved it. Thank you so much for reading. See you in my next post. Ta-Daa….!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loreal Pure Clay Mask Review

What I Learnt From The Lockdown

5 Products You Need You Need In Your Skincare Regime