I Used Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask For A Month And...

Hello guys, hope you all are doing well. After a busy month, I am finally back with a new blog post. So, I was facing severe hair fall for the past few months and nothing really helped. After searching for a lot of products for controlling my hair fall I stumbled upon the Mamaearth onion hair mask with onion hair oil and organic bamboo vinegar. I did a lot of research on it and read a lot of mixed reviews and finally thought of giving it a try and see if it works for me. I used it for a month and I wanted to share my experience regarding the product and how it worked out for me.

            So, the Mamaearth onion hair mask consists of onion hair oil and organic bamboo vinegar. It is specially made for hair fall control but also claims that it detangles hair and is also suitable for treated hair. It comes in a huge plastic tub packaging and the quantity of the product is 200g which I feel is really good. It has a lot of product and it will last you for a good amount of time depending on your hair length and usage. It costs at Rs.599 but you can always get it at discount. It has a thick consistency and the application is easy. The smell is nice and bearable, sort of smells like onion but you won't find it irritating. The good thing about the mask is that it is Paraben and Silicone-free. Also, it is dermatologically tested and consists of bioactive. One more thing, Mamaearth is a plastic positive brand so they recycle more plastic than they use.

             Now when it comes to key ingredients, a small detail, the top 3 (max 5) ingredients are responsible for the overall functioning of a product. It’s the first 3 ingredients that make a face wash a face wash and a shampoo a shampoo. So, when the mask claimed it is made of onion oil and organic bamboo vinegar I expected these products to be in the top 3 in the ingredients list or at least 5. But all the mentioned products are in the middle of the ingredients list which is present at levels between 1-10% which is pretty disappointing because it is an "Onion" hair mask. So, I am in doubt about the ingredients list.

              You are supposed to use this mask 2-3 times a week. The application is very easy. Wet your hair and part them into sections. Apply an adequate quantity to your scalp and hair. Leave the mask for 10-15 minutes (you can choose to leave it longer) and wash it off with a sulfate-free shampoo. I used this mask for a month 2 times a week as suggested and honestly speaking it did nothing for my hair fall. The hair fall rate was the same even after using it religiously for a good month. However, it does detangle your hair pretty well. It also makes my hair soft and smooth and gives them a nice shine which I absolutely love. I really love how my hair feels after using this mask. But I am disappointed as it claims it reduces hair fall but it did nothing for it. You can still give it a try if you want softer hair but don’t expect it to control hair fall. Also, a product works differently for everyone so what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Let me some up the pros and cons of the product so you can decide for yourself.

Pros :

  • Quantity is nice.
  • Paraben and Silicone Free.
  • Detangles hair.
  • Makes hair softer, smoother, and shinier.

Cons :

  • It is a bit pricy.
  • Doesn’t reduce hair fall.
  • Onion Oil and Organic Bamboo Vinegar are not part of the main ingredient according to the ingredient list

              Will I buy it again? Most probably no. If I want to go for smoother and softer hair texture there are a lot of hair masks available in the market which will do it and claim the same. For the price the quantity you get is good but it is still on the pricier side. Mamaearth is easily available online on Nykaa and Amazon and you can also shop from their website. To sum up, overall it is a good product if hair fall control is not what you are looking for and want softer and smoother hair.

I hope you liked this review as I try and test a product for at least a month before reviewing it. Also, do let me know what more products you would like to see a review on. I will definitely try them out and review them for you guys. Thank you for reading. See you in my next post. Ta-Daa….!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loreal Pure Clay Mask Review

What I Learnt From The Lockdown

5 Products You Need You Need In Your Skincare Regime