What I Learnt From The Lockdown


Sitting in my window, sipping a hot cup of tea a thought popped up in my mind. It's been so many days we are in the lockdown. When was the last time you enjoyed drinking tea peacefully? I guess its been long since in our daily busy routine we hardly get time to eat properly leave alone having tea. But since the lockdown has begun and most of us are working from home or are on leave, it has become a daily routine for me to take time and have my tea peacefully. It feels calm and quiet. As if this is the only important thing right now, to have tea. In the same way, there are so many things we tend to ignore in our daily busy routine but have now got our attention.
            When was the last time your whole family came together to play games or watch TV? Did you ever find time for your family? You go out with your friends, enjoy yourself with them but have you ever thought of enjoying yourself with your family? But since we are in the lockdown and away from friends and there is no way of meeting them we have found our friends in our family. You have realized that you can have fun with them too. All the good old games you used to play as a child, you are now enjoying playing them with your family. May it be playing cards or carrom or antakshari, you are loving every moment you are getting to spend with them. You are loving the happiness you see on your parent's faces. And trust me nothing is more precious than that.
            All the old television series are back on TV. I remember watching Shaktimaan as a child and enjoying it so much. I always loved the power he had and how that series was so way ahead of its time. Now when all those series and cartoons are back, I am reliving my childhood. Sitting in front of the TV and watching them as if it is your first time and still able to remember all the small details. Isn’t it amazing how you are still able to recall some of the scenes? Our childhood is back and how. This is the time you realize how far you have left all those things behind and how much you actually miss them.

Location - Rajbaug Beach, Goa
            The other day I was having a conversation with one of my friends and we were discussing on how when all this is over we will finally meet after such a long time and it struck me, the last time we met the plan was almost canceled as I was too lazy to go. But I still went and we did meet. But if I hadn't gone, we wouldn't have been able to meet for a really long time. Because we don't really know till when the lockdown will be extended it would have been so hard. I realized when someone wants to meet u, make sure to go and meet because tomorrow is never promised and you might not be able to see that person for a long time. Who would have imagined we will face all this? I am glad we did meet because if we hadn't, I would have regretted the decision forever.
There are so many friends I didn't meet because either of us would be busy because of work or the plan just never worked out. I feel so bad just thinking about this. I don't even know when I will be able to meet them, but whenever I do meet them I will surely give them a tight hug and tell them I missed them because I really do. In fact, I am making sure all the people whom I haven't met because of this lockdown I will hug them all tightly. I am never taking meeting them for granted ever again.
            As we are discussing taking for granted, I will also never take for granted any travel opportunity that comes my way. I really miss going to new places, exploring the culture, their food and just watching a sunset on the beach. Now when I am at home and have no other place to go, I scroll through my old travel pictures and feel terrible. On my last trip to Goa last year, I promised myself I will travel more often this year and try to visit Goa at least once or twice a year because I love that place so much. It's like my second home and no matter where I go, I will always choose Goa without a blink of an eye. I realized I should have visited it once this year. Now I am sitting here and regretting not going and not traveling to other places as well. I am regretting not traveling more often when I could have and should have. I can't wait for all this to get over so I can at least just go somewhere and calm the storm inside me.

Location - Fort Cabo de Rama, Goa
            As we all are homebound now, we are getting to enjoy all the home-cooked food our mom makes. Some of us have turned chefs ourselves and are experimenting with new dishes. Even if that new dish is making Maggi in a different way, who cares, you did learn something and you did enjoy it. That’s all that matters. You realized that in the midst of ordering food online or eating out on most of the day, you have missed the smell and taste of home-cooked food. It always brings comfort ain't it. No matter how many different cuisines you try outside or dishes you indulge in, home-cooked food always brings happiness to your tummy.
            Helping parents in the household chores as our house help is on leave has also become a daily routine now. And when you are finally exhausted by cleaning everything it struck you, how much effort our house helps take and how little they get paid for all the efforts. We have realized in such a small amount of time how our life has completely transformed and how it has turned upside down.

Location - Sagreshwar Beach, Vengurla
            Like all of you, even I am waiting for all of this to get over soon. As now the lockdown has extended till 3rd May officially we have to stay homebound for some more time now. I am waiting for the day everything will get back on track and we can finally go out and enjoy everything we missed these days. I am hoping and praying every day to god to end this as soon as possible. Never have I ever stayed at home for such a long time but also it's for our own good and safety. So people stay safe at your home, so when all this finally ends we can make up for all the things we have missed and regretted not doing. I will never regret and never take for granted all the good things that come my way. Now I will go and enjoy my tea time as usual. Good vibes to you guys. Stay home, stay safe. Ta-Da…!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loreal Pure Clay Mask Review

5 Products You Need You Need In Your Skincare Regime